Here are the top three ways you can use AI to improve marketing campaigns:
1) Campaign Optimization
The most prolific use for AI in marketing campaigns is for media buying automation and optimization.
Automatic bidding allows media buyers to place appropriate bids for each ad placement in the open market. This ensures you are reaching your target spend levels and pacing evenly across campaign durations.
Artificial intelligence tools can also optimize pre and post bid to improve campaign performance and learnings:
- Pre-Bid Optimization: Analyze site visitation patterns and social media following before a campaign launches for faster learnings and more accurate targeting.
- Post-Bid Optimization: Pull insights from millions of data points to understand what worked and what didn’t. These learnings provide a roadmap for improving future campaigns and identify tweaks throughout the campaign.
These automations allow you to focus on meaningful data and strategic thinking. Use them to repurpose your time to more strategic tasks while platforms manage the day to day operations. Look for anomalies and trends in the data, but let the AI do the heavy lifting. Then you can take a more inquisitive approach to determining the “why” behind the data points.
2) Audience Targeting
The second way you can use AI to improve marketing campaigns is by expanding and refining audience targeting. Using AI, you are able to expand your first party and/or pixel data to find more people who look like your existing customers. Whether it be similar media consumption behaviors, demographics, or other behavioral attributes, this technology can find people most likely to convert.
In a post-cookie world, AI-assisted targeting will be particularly important. Many brands will have less complete customer profiles due to less availability of consumer data. There will be an increasing need for AI to rapidly test various targeting tactics to find your best audiences in a way that’s both measurable and efficient.
3) Creative Optimization
Finally, creative optimization is another impactful way to leverage artificial intelligence. Consumers are demanding more personalized, exciting moments from brands. To drive action, ads need to be hyper relevant to your niche audiences’ motivations, but also break through the clutter of other “personalized” ads.
Dynamic creative optimization is an AI feature that delivers the optimal combinations of creative imagery and headlines to individuals in real-time. This takes the guesswork out of the creative process while improving ad personalization. By letting computers sit on top of the data, you can gain valuable insights into what creatives drive the most impact among core audiences.
Here are a few tips to make the process of exploring AI go a little smoother:
Bonus AI Marketing Tips
- Build a strategic foundation: AI saves time and resources, but there’s no point in capturing data if you don’t know your key business objectives.
- Test and learn: The digital world changes fast. Use data in real-time to make decisions and see if things are working – and if they’re not, to make smart pivots.
- Remember the human element: We can’t forget feelings, relationships and human interaction. Make sure human insights from your team and your audience are still part of planning and optimization processes.
If you’re a marketer, start getting more familiar with AI. Don’t expect to get it all right at first. Ask questions and talk with experts in this space. Start learning and move forward from there.
To work with Coegi and leverage our Data & Technology experts for your brand, contact us today.