Understanding the eCommerce Consumer Perspective
The modern consumer is their own salesperson. They are better informed, armed with reviews, and company and product information. In fact, 97% of consumers check online reviews before buying a product to get additional insight.
What are today’s consumers looking for from ecommerce brands?
eCommerce has skyrocketed in popularity. As this medium grows, consumer expectations and shopping behaviors are also changing.
- Greater flexibility from payment plans to product availability
- More personalized ad targeting and curated content
- Convenient and quick delivery options
- Continuously cultivated brand relationships
Customer experience is the ultimate differentiator. Consumers seek quality experiences, with 36% rating experience as critical for them, just behind price and convenience. Positive, personalized brand experiences are what ultimately drive conversions.
Build Your Connected eCommerce Strategy
eCommerce is social commerce, marketplaces, delivery providers, D2C, retail media, and more – all wrapped into one connected commerce experience. Skai coined the term “connected commerce”, which simply refers to connecting all points of the customer commerce journey together. It’s important to also connect all digital media tactics with commerce channels to ensure they are synchronously supporting the customer journey to drive optimal return on investment.
Key Takeaways for Successful eCommerce Marketing:
You can achieve ecommerce success using three key components:
- Messaging that resonates with and engages target audiences
- A multichannel e-commerce experience with numerous retail touchpoints
- Full-funnel marketing for each stage of the consumer journey
Coegi can help set up a data-driven strategy to maximize your ecommerce success. Contact us today to learn more.